Friday, May 12, 2006

Family...

Well, since graduation is a few months away, I asked Mom if they were going to throw a party for me. She said they weren't and that I should throw my own party. I don't want to throw my own party and toot my own horn. I want my family to be proud of me and do it for me. Anyway, I let it drop and a few weeks ago, we told my in-laws when graduation was so they could make sure they were not working. They spoke up and said we should have a party at their restaurant for my graduation - everything on them. I couldn't believe it. I was so touched that they would offer.

I told my mom last week about it and she said that if I wanted, she and dad could throw me a party at my house. I didn't want a bunch of people in my home (it's too small - I only have three rooms besides the bathroom, kitchen and living room). We're talking 20-30 people here, hopefully. She said that she and Grandma could come down the week before graduation to help clean my house and that she would pay for everything. Funny, she couldn't be bothered to do it before my in-laws graciously offered.

I'm not going to hurt my in-laws by turning down their offer for my party. They have been completely supportive of me since the beginning. I always feel welcome and loved by them. I always feel like I don't measure up to my parent's desires for me. I have been trying my best to be the "perfect" daughter and to do everything they expect me to do, but I never feel like I measure up. I feel like the black sheep of the family.

Anyway, that's my moan session for today. Thank God for my in-laws. I always feel welcome and at home with them.
:-)

1 comment:

My Pugs Blogger said...

I know what you mean about feeling like you never measure up to your parents. I feel the same way in my family - like I don't fit in.

Congrats on the graduation!! I'm glad you have supportive people in your life!