Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I'm a Magnet...Really!

I have been noticing in the past few weeks that I am a magnet for bad drivers. I don't know what it is. There's been so many instances recently that I can't even name them right now. I even have drivers act as though I'm doing something wrong. That's the weirdest part. I don't speed...honestly. I may go one to five miles over the speed limit, but as soon as I realize that I'm speeding, I slow back down to the limit.

Today, while I was coming to a stop at a stop sign, the person on my left drove through the intersection. As they passed in front of me, the passenger put his hand out the window and lowered his hand up and down as if he were telling me to slow down. First of all, did they think I was going to run through the stop sign without stopping? Idiots! Secondly, could they not tell that my car was slowing down? It's strange. I just don't get it.

Crossing guards also tell me to slow down. I'm NOT speeding! Just because everyone else goes 10 mph in the school zone does not mean I'm doing anything wrong when I'm going 15. That is the speed limit. My spedometer says 15!!! Maybe my spedometer is off. I don't know. I haven't been pulled over once by the police yet, so that tells me I'm not speeding.

It really makes me question how my driving looks to those outside my car. It's weird, but just because I drive a red car doesn't mean I'm exceeding the speed limit. I really don't get it. I still can't get over the dumbass telling me to slow down AFTER I was STOPPED! Um...how much slower can I go? I soooo wanted to flip him off, but I didn't. I had my sunglasses on, so he didn't even know I saw him. Dumbass!

So that's my rant for today. Sorry it's been so long since I've blogged. I've been stressing and struggling. Please keep H in your thoughts. He has a spot on his leg that if it doesn't clear up (at least a little) by the end of the week, the doctor will be taking a biopsy on the 13th to see if it's skin cancer. I've been stressing and crying off and on for a week now. I just wasn't able to blog about it without crying until today.

We went to my mom's this past weekend. Her birthday is today. Dad asked me if this was a trip to ease guilt. I told him that it was a trip to keep mom from guilting me for NOT going. Remember last year? I told Dad that I couldn't understand why I can come for Mom's birthday EVERY year but one and I get nothing but grief for that one I missed. G NEVER comes for Mom's birthday, but that's all right. Dad just gave me a hug. Whatever!

Until later...

2 comments:

Agent25 said...

The world is filled with idiot drivers, I could've sworn they were all here...lol! Bad drivers are one of my particular pet peeves as well. I think my kids have learned more bad words in the car than anywhere else...hahahaha.

You know that G and I will have you and B in our thoughts and prayers that everything will be just fine. If you need to talk you have my email and I have been turning my MSN lately too.

Chin up, Hon =) (((((((((HUG))))))))))))

Bill C said...

There's no accounting for other drivers' perceptions. Most likely you're not doing anything to deserve censure or correction.

Hope the spot clears up. That way you can devote more worry to less important things. Like other drivers.
;-)