Tuesday, January 17, 2006

School Started

Well, it's been about a week since I've blogged anything. I've been busy working aobut 20 hours last week because I'm starting an internship for school. This is my last full semester before I graduate in August. I will be graduating college exactly 19 years, 1 month and 1 day from the day I graduated from high school. I can't wait. I think my parents are inviting their best friends to my graduation. Fine by me - maybe that means more gifts. haha.

Anyway, my first class this semester started this afternoon at 4:30. It's gonna be a good class. I have found that most of my Office Management classes are easy for me - hello! I've been in the work force for almost 20 years (I can't believe I'm that old). Anyway, it's nice to know I have a 4.0 GPA in my major and a 3.8 GPA overall. I guess it means more to do well since I had to take out student loans to go back to school and since I waited so long to go back to school.

I have Business Law tomorrow and Monday afternoon (4:10-5:35), Problems in Office Management on Thursday afternoon (4:30-7:30), and a non-Office Management class in Management Monday night (6:00-9:00). I'm not expecting any of these classes to be hard. They total 12 hours and my internship is another 3 hours (to work 300 hours this semester). In February, I start a golf class for another credit - so I will be taking a total of 16 hours this semester. I have always wanted to play golf, but I just can't seem to do it. I figured since I have to have a 1-hour class, I might as well make it something that I want to learn that my husband and I can do together. :-)

My husband is great with all of this. He's 6 years younger than I am, and he finished college in 2002 after being out of school for about 5 years. He knows that getting a degree and walking down the aisle in a cap and gown mean a LOT to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, I found out today that Miranda (yes, the same one I have a shortcut to on my sidebar) has added me to her sites of note as well. So, welcome to everyone who may read this blog. I hope you find something worth taking with you and that as I go through life and share what I have learned or am still learning that it may help you as you go through whatever you are currently going through in your life or will open a window and shine a ray of hope on your problems.

"No life is so hard that you can't make it easier by the way you take it." This is one of my favorite sayings. To me, this means that if you take things with a grain of salt and not let everything bother you, your life will be easier because your problems will not seem so bad after all - not to say that you aren't or will not go through some tough and trying times. This also reminds me that no matter how bad your life may seem, we need to realize that somewhere, someone is going through something worse than you are. Instead of concentrating on everything in your life that's going wrong, try to remember the things that are going right and think of others that are going through harder times than you are.

I will try to write more often. With graduation around the corner, time may be more pressing, but I will do my best - I promise. Please feel free to leave comments and to check out my earlier posts. They may help you as I have written quite a bit about my feelings and some struggles I've gone through and continue to go through. Have a great day.

No comments: