Friday, January 20, 2006

Monthly Weigh In

Well, I did it. I got myself weighed and measured today at Curves. I have to say that I was a little disappointed and almost brought to tears but realized that losing something is better than losing nothing.

I lost 1.5 inches in my waist, .5 inches in my abdomen, .5 inches in my hips, and 2 inches in my arms (one inch per arm) for a total of 4.5 inches lost.

I also lost 1.4 pounds, .94 body fat pounds, and .20% body fat.

Not too shabby for someone who does nothing but the work out 3 times a week - we have been going out to eat pretty often this week (it was my first week back in classes and not sure when I need to cook to make sure it's ready before I go). Not too shabby.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The BEST graduation gift EVER! As a graduation gift for me from college, my parents are giving my husband and I a cruise - I've wanted to go on one for many years but haven't done it yet. Since our anniversay (9) falls during spring break my parents are letting us take the cruise before my actual graduation. Heck, I'm 37 years old. After this semester, I am only lacking 3 classes to graduate - two of which are electives. There is no way I am not going to finish this summer.

We made the reservations last night. We are going to Cozumel and Costa Maya, Mexico. We picked one excursion at each port. In Costa Maya, we are going on the "Mayan Reality Tour" where we will see Mayan ruins in the midst of a Mayan village. We will be visiting a Mayan home and learn about their customs, folklore, and all sorts of neat things.

While we are in Cozumel, we will be doing the Steamlodge thing. It's a cleansing/relaxation ritual that was reserved for the "upper crust" of the Mayan civilization. I am really looking forward to that ritual. There is another ruin that can be visited while on this excursion. And once you are finished with the steam lodge, you lay in a hammock eating Mayan fruit, drinking Mayan fruit drinks. I think it will be very interesting, relaxing, and inspiring.

I am so looking forward to this whole trip. Now we just have to find airfare and a hotel room for the night before the cruise. :-)

No comments: