Monday, December 26, 2005

Family

Well, my family came down for Christmas. They came down Saturday the 17th and left Thursday the 22nd. Go figure! Dad ate all the See's truffles that Hubby got me for my birthday - dork! I couldn't believe it. Instead of eating one at a time and then eat another one later, he popped three in his mouth one right after the other. How can you even enjoy the flavor that way?I couldn't believe it. So much for my birthday candy. That's my favorite kind, too, and he didn't even ask just started popping one right after the other. He did this numerous times. Oh well, what can you do about it? No wonder he's overweight when he eats so much without stopping.

I have issues withmy husband's family as well. They are Laotian and I love them all dearly. The problem is that they are so worried about losing their culture, that they speak nothing but Laotian for the most part which means I do not understand a word they say. It doesn't bother me for the most part, but there are times when I just feel left out.

I have felt left out for the majority of my life from almost every group including my family, so being left out of one more group just doesn't work for me. I never felt like I belonged with any of th egroups in school. I don't feel like I belong with my family. I even feel left out and alone at work. Sadly, I feel more comfortable and accepted by Hubby's family, but there are times that I feel alone even with them. I feel like they are going out of their way to make me the odd man out. I always seem to feel like a round peg trying to fit in a square hole - like I'm missing something that makes me a geek and not able to fit in anywhere. I hate that feeling so much.

What's worse is that I have felt this way the majority of my life. You would think that I would be used to it by now. I guess one never ceases to hope that things will get better and that they will miraculously fit where they have never fit before. Thank God for Hubby. I have always felt like I fit with himl. I don't have to be anyone but me when I am around him. He's the best. I would be so lost without him and do not know what I would do. At least with him there is one place I will always belong and fell as though I fit in. :-) One place is better than no place.

No comments: