Sunday, May 06, 2007

OOPS!

I know I have been remiss in writing recently. I have hardly touched my computer here at home for the past few months so I’ve got a lot to catch you up on.

Work is going great. One person at work SUB (Stick Up Butt) has a few days where she tends to think that I report to her. I don’t! We both know that. She has a Master’s Degree and is contemplating getting her Ph.D. Maybe I just feel insecure around her because she is much younger than I am and I just got my Bachelor’s after all this time. I don’t know. Maybe my whole problem with her is actually my problem. Although, I am not hallucinating her bossiness or the fact that she tries to bully me around. Case in point, we had a registration we had to set up and I set it up the way the Coordinator asked me to. SUB was working the registration desk (I was not. I wasn’t working or even at the event). At the next Monday staff meeting, she brings up everything I should have done and failed to do for that event. I’m new. I’ve never done a registration desk for events like this before, and I just followed the directions of the leader for that event. My Big Boss (BB) stated that she and my Main Boss (MB) would get with me later that week regarding how things need to be for future registrations. They mentioned that it would have been a good idea for me to sit at that registration table to see what it is like. Before MB could have had a chance to sit down with me, SUB came to my office and started telling me everything I should have done, what was needed, and what wasn’t needed. MB came into my office area and stood up for me and said that we would go over it later. Later that day, MB told me that there was no reason for SUB to come up to me and that it was something that I wasn’t aware of. I told MB that I did exactly what the Coordinator asked me to do. She agreed that it wasn’t my fault and that SUB should NOT have brought it up in staff meeting because BB was there and was already going to have MB sit down with me about the whole thing. I guess SUB just needed to show that she was superior in some way. Whatever!

See what you’ve been missing. Anyway, next time something like that comes up, I’m going to stand up for myself and let her know that MB and I will discuss it so she doesn’t have to worry about it.

NN is doing well. She should be coming into our family around the end of July. I am so excited! I cannot believe how close it is. It’s right around the corner. They have not yet thought of a name for her. I suggested making her middle name the name of her grandma since K has the first four letters of his dad’s, uncle’s, and his grandfather’s names. Don’t worry, they all start with the same 4 letters. :-)

Speaking of K….he mentioned to H the other day that he wanted to go to the aquarium “like we did when I was little. Remember?” K is currently 4 and he was 2 when he “was little”. I thought that was hilarious!

2 comments:

Bill C said...

"When I was little." That's really good.

SymplyAmused said...

Hang in there and if SUB bugs you too much, do go to your supervisor. One person in a great work place can make you hate that place. Do something before it gets out of hand. Try talking to SUB first though so she can't say you didn't at least try to explain how she was making you feel. Haha on the "when I was little". Hang in there!