Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Going Back to Vegas!

I am so excited. We are going back to Las Vegas. We are leaving Sunday and will be there until Friday. Hubby has another conference, so the room and his airfare will be paid for by the company. So nice. This time, we are staying at Caesar's Palace - which is where the conference is being held. They have an amazing shopping plaza I'm going to have to check out. Luckily, I have money from previous paychecks I can use to purchase anything, and I have been putting half of my paychecks aside for gambling since we got back from our cruise.

While we are in Vegas, we are going to be meeting Miki. We play with her online in a game called Guild Wars. We seem to get along great online, she will be picking us up at the airport. We're all hoping we get along just as well in real life. Hubby and I are looking forward to meeting her and getting to know her on a real basis.

School has been going strangely this semester. I registered yesterday for my summer courses which will be my last classes. I have a paper and presentation due tomorrow. I have them both completed. I just need to print the paper out along with my handouts for the class. I also need to put my powerpoint slides on my jump drive so I have access to it tomorrow. I am the first presenter, which is good. I want to get it over with. I have a formal long paper that is due on the 25th. This paper is based on the same premise as the paper and presentation tomorrow. I just have to change the format for the teacher. In the same class, I have a group presentation on the 18th. In my MW class, I have a paper due on the 26th. Everything else is just quizes and finals. Not too bad, a little frustrating, but not too bad.

I haven't been to Curves the way I should the last few weeks. I really need to get back into that habit. It will be easier when the summer is here because I will have more time. I can even go 5 days a week. I really want to lose weight before I graduate. My problem is I reach for food as comfort when things go wrong or on days that my depression is acting up - I'm no longer on medication, but I still reach for chocolate. Maybe it would help if I kept fat free or sugar free chocolate items in the house (like weight watchers stuff).

The classes I am taking this summer are "Introduction to Cognitive Psychology", "Beginning Bowling" (only because I have to take a 1-hour elective), "Industrial/Organizational Psychology", and "Business Policy". The first two courses I listed will be taken back to back in session I. The other psychology course will be taken during session II and the Business Policy will be taken during session IV by itself. Business Policy is the last class needed in my major/minor for graduation. All the other classes are electives. I love having those left to play with during my last semester. I will be graduating 3 years and 3 months from the date I started college. I am so excited. I will be graduating exactly 19 years, 1 month from my high school graduation date.

No comments: