Sunday, September 10, 2006

After thinking my Book Meme over...

I have realized that "Siddhartha" did not change my life as I read it for the first time summer '05.

The book that changed my life was actually "What Dreams May Come". Don't waste your time watching the movie...it's nothing like the book and the items that made me stop and think about my life never made it into the movie at all. I read this book about 8 years ago and I would have to say that this is the book that changed my life and really got me thinking about what life is all about and what I want to get out of life.

In regards to my words regarding the Bible, I do not mean to say that there are not lessons to be learned or truths that can be gleaned from its pages. All I am trying to say is that...how are we to know which words are "those of God" and which were added by man? History was written by the winners. King James had the Bible translated. He was a winner, so who is to say that he did not have his own twist added to the pages during translation? Or that someone fearing his wrath would not change the words to better their position with the King?

Just my two cents.

No comments: