Friday, November 11, 2005

Veteran's Day

Today is Veteran's Day!!!!

I love that we honor our Veteran's, but I'm very sad that today is not considered a National holiday just a Federal holiday. I think it's sad and outrageous that the men and women we try to honor on this day have to go to work. The majority of these people cannot even attend the parades and things given in THEIR honor.

I think everyone should write a letter to the President requesting that Veteran's Day be a National Holiday. I don't think it's fair that only Federal employees get the day off to honor our Veterans when the Veterans themselves have to work. How honorable is that!?

Anyway, I could go on about this for a long time, but I will get off my soap box now.

If anyone reads this, please send a letter to the President requesting that today be a National holiday instead of just a Federal holiday. It is pretty unfair to make the people who we are supposed to be honoring go to work on that day and miss all the festivities that are put together for their benefit and in their honor.

No comments: