Wednesday, October 03, 2007

POST #300

Okay, so I have found through EA that SUB is just that – SUB. It seems that I am not the only one she treats the way she’s been treating me. I guess it’s just part of her considerable charm? Since I am in another building, I don’t see the way she treats those in EA’s building and SUB's always had a problem with MIO, so I just always discount whatever she does to him and don’t pay attention to it thinking it’s just because it’s him. I’m glad I said something to EA because now I know not to take it personally. It’s just who she is. What’s amazing is that she’s 33 and has mentioned that she wonders why she isn’t married or even dating anyone. She has stated that on her birthday a few months ago, she wondered what she had actually accomplished in her life since she isn’t married and has no kids (she has 2 cats). I’m wondering if her problem would be solved if she just changed her attitude and were nicer to people instead of always having to control everything and talk to people in a mean and degrading way. She mentions that others talk in a demeaning fashion. Too bad she doesn’t realize that what she doesn’t like in someone is usually what you don’t want to admit is something you actually don’t like about yourself.

I can now go on with my life and work and realize that it’s not my fault. I have always had a hard time dealing with someone with her personality type. You know what I mean. Those that always have to control everything, always have to give you their opinion, always feel the need to tell you what you should be doing or how to do something, or someone that always has to make themselves seem important even at the expense of someone else’s feelings. All this time, I thought I had a problem because I was the common denominator. Now that I look back, I realize that the only people I have any type of trouble dealing with are people that have controlling personalities. I have a very hard time with this type of personality because I always try to please everyone. I try to make sure that no one is upset around me – not necessarily at me, but I tend to attempt to smooth over any conflict going on around me. Make sure that everyone is heard and understood. Face it! I’m just too darn nice for my own good. HA!

On a great note, I noticed this morning that my black slacks are extremely loose on me. WooHoo! I am going to stand by my decision this week to lower my caffeine and raise my water intake. If this strategy helps the WWAWP scale to show my weight as being closer to my home scales, then that’s what I’m going to do. This week is my test for that. Keep your fingers crossed. I have no problem making this healthier choice if that’s what it takes for my weight loss to be effective and show on the scales that count. I’m determined to make healthier choices (even the ones I don’t really want to make). Even my rings are fitting looser. WooHoo! So far, so good. I have already had 8 glasses of water today (I normally have between 4 and 6) and I have seen the inside of our work bathroom more times than I care to count.

Anyway, why is it that when something is urgent and needs done THIS week EVERYTHING is urgent and needs to be done THIS week? Were there not some things you could have started LAST week so there is time to finish everything by the due date? Hello! Grant it, most of the things are folding letters which can be done in the folding machine, but there are some things that can’t be folded by the machine because you have to integrate two different pages. Then you have to stuff EVERY envelope not only with the letter that’s been folded but with postage paid return envelopes. One of the letters is actually five separate items that 2 have to be folded together (a total of 4 pieces in each envelope). Very time consuming stuff. You give it to me today or yesterday for the student workers, but they don’t work past Thursday and they only work a few hours each day (some days only 1 hour). Hello! Give us some time to get your stuff done, will you? Do some of it yourself. It’s not like we are extremely busy in the office this week. This last item could have been done by you instead of the students. Cutting papers into strips then attaching them to beads before Saturday’s game. That’s all well and good when we have nothing else to do, but when we have 2 sets of letters to go out and they both have to be out of the office by Friday when the worker’s last day to work each week is Thursday! That’s a bit ridiculous and hard to get accomplished. Luckily, between the two workers, they will be working 7 total hours today and tomorrow, but they have a LOT to do. If they don’t get it all completed, please don’t get on my case. You should have given us some of this stuff to do last week. One set of letters is now completed and the beads are done. Sadly, the letters that still needs to be completed is the group of four things going into one envelope. With the way the students are putting things together, it’s hard to determine exactly what has been done and what still needs done. That’s frustrating on my part because I could be helping them out right now instead of blogging. Nah! Blogging is more fun, but you know what I mean. I could be accomplishing something instead of leaving it for the student workers, but they are so unorganized in the way they work. I don’t see how they do it.

I think I’ve got the majority of all that crap out of my system.

Until later…

No comments: